Sunday, December 4, 2011

If I open a credit card with the same bank I owe money on a credit card, can they take the money out of my acc?

I have a credit card with Bank Of America. I need to open a checking account because I finally got some form of job and I want to open it with bank of america... the problem is I am scared they can take the money out of my checking account for my credit card... can they do that??|||Any company can take from the account if they take you to court and get permission from the judge. They usually don't do that if you're making any attempt at all so open your checking account and start making payments on the credit card. Any small amount will help.|||This just happened to me at Wells Fargo for a card a banker told me I had no responsibility for through my divorce. My ex charged $30,000.and filed bankruptcy...now they took the monthly payment of $1745.out of my personal checking...without notifying me. No right of set off found in app. HELP!

Report Abuse


|||YES they can and WILL do that!





I have read many times on here of people who went to use their debit card thinking they had $$ on it and found that their account had been raided by their bank for a debt they owed the bank! LOL





READ the terms of opening the checking account..it will say in there they have the right to recover money you owe them.. LOL





Find another bank.|||Never have your credit card and the checking account at the same place. And the answer is yes they can. It's called the right of set-off. You agree to it when you fill out an application.|||no. I have a credit card and bank account with them and they never did that to me. If your card is linked to your account then maybe but other than that no.|||i had the same problem.


they will not be able to take money from your account.

No comments:

Post a Comment